When looking to expand your presence in the online world, hiring a great Graphic Designer is a must. But what makes a Graphic Designer great, and how do we know that they’re an expert? Here, we’ll outline a few things that you need to know to sift through and find that gem you’re looking for.
- Education. You might think that a certificate is just a piece of paper, but that piece of paper shows that they are dedicated and took the time to learn about it from a professional standpoint.
- Experience. The more that an artist practices, the better they become. Think of the artist’s brain as a muscle that grows with more exercise!
- Portfolio. With experience comes a portfolio. A Graphic Designer’s portfolio not only shows you the volume of their work, but also the quality. By looking at their past work, you can see just what they have to offer and whether they’re a good fit for you.
- Creative. You want to know that the person you’re hiring isn’t your average Graphic Designer. Anyone can throw a few pictures up on a website and call it a day. It takes a real creative mind to make your brand look like a million bucks while adhering to your specific needs. A good Graphic Designer understands current trends, and what makes a customer go “wow!”
- Communication. Finally, you want a Graphic Designer that isn’t afraid to bounce ideas off you. They are the artist, but you are the person who’s being represented by their work. In order to do this, communication is key. Having an open dialogue with your Graphic Designer not only ensures a good working relationship but also that you’re being delivered a product that fits you and your business like a glove.
Finding a high-quality Graphic Designer can be tough, but it isn’t impossible. We hope these tips help you on your way to better understanding design and building a brand, logo, business cards, and your new beautiful website!