For businesses of every size and in every industry, branding is vital to success on and offline. I know, you're probably sick to death of hearing about branding. We all are, but I'm going to flog this dead horse one more time because branding does matter. Scratch that, it doesn't just matter, the quality of a brand is what gives you an edge over the competition and allows you to continue to be the company people turn to when they need or want whatever it is that you're offering. The catch is that you can't just create a brand and call it a day. Branding consistency is key and, today, I'm going to tell you why.
Branding, at a Glance
A business' brand is made up of a combination of many different factors:
- People all over the world, from young children to seniors, know the Coke logo, for example
- I'm sure Nike's 'Just Do It' slogan was some kid's first sentence
- Customer Service Experience
- Convenient shopping, super fast delivery and great return policies make Amazon a leader in the online business world
- Even if you haven't eaten a Pillsbury crescent roll in over a decade, your mouth would probably still water at the smell of them baking in the oven, and you'd be taken back to a time when you adored watching that squishy doughboy with his annoyingly cute giggle in commercials
- Google, because when has good ol' Google ever let you down?
And the list goes on.
Consistency is Key
The emotional and visual elements that combine to create your business' brand always have to be consistent. So, for instance, you can't use a blue logo in one place and decide to use a red one somewhere else and expect great results. Heck, you shouldn't even change up the style of the font, if you want to be the business your target market remembers. But it goes further than that; the layout of your logo, the colours you use in your graphics and website, the language used in your advertising copy, it all matters and can say - or not say - a great deal about your business.
Take Coke, for example. They didn't become the mostly widely known refreshments company in the world because they changed things up whenever they felt like it. For decades, the message has stayed the same.
The Best Way to Achieve Branding Consistency
Whether you're starting a new business or looking to revive your existing business with better branding, it's best to work with a single team of people. Having a graphic design company create a logo and then going to a website design company for your site can lead to a pretty disjointed brand. But, when your graphic design company is also your website design company, you're guaranteed to achieve the high level of quality branding and consistency that's necessary to stand out from the competition.
At Saltmedia, our team of experts are equipped to help you design a brand that's powerful and reinforced throughout your online presence and print marketing materials. Get in touch with us and let's get started!